Tuesday, October 30, 2007

He Said, She Said

I feel the need to debunk the last post. With sentences like

"I figured if Tiff says she's done, why can't I be done?" and

"Tiff's already eating meat, claiming we started early and her thirty days are up."

John's insinuating that I've finagled my way out of this veggie-deal. But we agreed to 30 days without meat, and that's just what I did. No meat at all... not even, say, a sausage biscuit or a chicken taquito, which if any one's confused, is why John is still on the challenge... His 30 days were extended because of his little slip up...

That said, being able to eat meat really isn't all that exciting or wonderful. I'm more excited about when John is able to join me. It's no fun eating something delicious when the person with you can't enjoy it, too. I had grand plans for my first day back to normal... I was going to go get a Jamaican Jerk Chicken Pizza from the California Pizza Kitchen, mmm. But, that would've been too cruel, and instead, when the day arrived, I ended up cooking meatless chicken sandwiches.

All in all, this challenge wasn't bad. There are so many other options besides meat, that I didn't feel very challenged at all most of the time. I don't feel any different either... no more/less energy, no weight gain/loss, no weird cravings like the eggsperiment... it was pretty uneventful for me.

In a nutshell:

Positives: Fake Chicken, Veggie-Burgers, John ate mushrooms (gasp!), Subway's veggie subs, and roasted red pepper soup.
Negatives: Soy-dogs, tofu was not good enough to keep eating, and bad things like Pizza Pockets, Chips & Dip, and Cream Puffs made their way into our kitchen, which we would never have bought otherwise and will probably never buy again afterwards...

I'm hoping (and I think I'm going to get my wish) that November's challenge will be.... more challenging. We've got it all planned out, but I'll wait for John to "officially" announce it. It's going to be a tough one for us both!

Exercise Challenge Tracker