Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Home Stretch

I didn't mean to stall of the updates, sorry, but I am painfully close to eating meat again.

Tiff's already eating meat, claiming we started early and her thirty days are up. She has yet to truly take advantage of it yet though. We went out to eat on her last day as a vegetarian at some fancy seafood place with some friends. Tiff got chicken pasta without the chicken and I got Diablo Shrimp Pasta. Even without eating the devil's shrimp it was hot enough to clear the sinuses. I only ate half of it, although I didn't touch the shrimp, and took the rest home. Tiff's first meaty meal was the shrimp at about 12:30 that night.

Shrimp's not exactly the meatiest of meats and I didn't want any, so it was not quite the story of temptation that I had envisioned.

A couple days later we got breakfast at a buffet. I will admit the piles of sausage and bacon that Tiff got - I think just to wave under my nose - looked pretty good. Tiff left some on her plate as she got up. I picked it up and smelled it with the idea of tasting it. I figured if Tiff says she's done, why can't I be done? It smelled like it should, but it went from appetizing to a bit stomach turning as it got under my eyes. My first meat will definitely not include bacon fat.

To be honest, I'm not sure what I'll eat. A few weeks ago, the thought of grilled chicken made my mouth water, but now, not so much. I am eager to stop worrying about what I'm eating, but right now, nothing sounds good.

2 comments:

John Duffy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany Duffy said...

For the record, I did NOT just "decide" I was done. I did the challenge for 30 days, which is what we agreed to when we started it, and may I remind you, my dear fiance, that you've already eaten chicken AND sausage? Just sayin...

Exercise Challenge Tracker