Thursday, October 4, 2007

Temptation

I blame Jane. Jane is the cook at the shelter where I work, and she's the lady who hands me breakfast a few times a week, as well as large bags of candy, as I leave work. I think I would be in relatively good shape if it weren't for this kind older lady. I'm sure it has nothing to do with my sedentary lifestyle. On an aside, in the past few weeks her kindness has been slipping, "You do this random task for me... I'm gonna go smoke a cigarette."

Today, she brought temptation into the vegetarian challenge. She makes some damn-fine breakfasts. Her sausage, egg, and cheese bagels are perhaps one of my favorite foods of all-time. I don't care if the sausage is fake, the eggs pre-cooked, and the cheese gooey enough to stick to the top of your mouth and coat your insides with goodness. Her chicken biscuits... I don't know what she does, it's just a chicken patty on a biscuit, but somehow they turn out deliciously better than anything I could make. Today it was ham and cheese croissants: It pained me to do it, but as you can see, I dutifully removed the ham. But then I started wondering what would a vegetarian do? WWVD? It had ham on it. There's is no ham on it now. But it's touched ham. It's not kosher. Should I bless it?

I'm pretty sure a true vegetarian would not eat it, but I... I had a damn-fine breakfast.

No comments:

Exercise Challenge Tracker