Saturday, October 20, 2007

Dead Sea Sales Pitch

Tiff and I had a strange encounter with a thickly-accented salesman the other day at the mall. He commented about his accent, so I took the bait and asked what type of accent it is. He challenged me to guess.

The accent was unfamiliar but I guessed Mediterranean simply based on the large patch of chest hair that was proudly on display from under his collar. He suddenly became enthusiastic, pushing me to a more specific guess. I knew it was wrong, but I guessed Italy, which seemed to punch a blow in his appreciation of me. But he quickly rebounded.

"No, it's a small country in the Middle East." Oh - I replied - you're from Lebanon.

I should have known by the large display of Dead Sea beauty products behind him that he was from Israel A little different than Lebanon. If my guess Italy was a punch, this was a knock-out blow, and the guy never addressed me again, with the rest of the pitch going to Tiff. I figure at least I didn't say Palestine.

His stuff looked pretty good though. My mom sent me the always fun package of lord-knows-what for my birthday last year that included a man's bath kit of Dead Sea products and I really like them all. One of his items was a nail shiner block. He shined Tiff's pinky nail to a pretty impressive gleam.

We found a similar shiner block at Wal-Mart for $1.99. Savings - $78.

No comments:

Exercise Challenge Tracker