Thursday, November 1, 2007

Put a Fork in Me

November 1st and I am done. Rather unceremoniously too. I had my slip-ups and my moments of weakness, but all in all, after some adjustment, the month went pretty well.

Highlights for me, as I've mentioned before are the portobello mushroom sandwiches. Those things are good. Really good. And the veggie subs from Subway are also surprisingly tasty. I think they may be my new favorite Subway item, after their so-soft cookies of course. And the meatless Chik'n Sandwiches, which I never commented on, are really good too. Tiff and I just bought a new pack that we haven't opened yet. When we do eat it will be a good indicator of just how good it is... but right now I'm still looking forward to them.

Overall, on John Duffy's Ratings Scale I think I got about a 17. Why so low? Well, I did eat sausage and chicken one morning. I could blame this on a slip of the mind as I honestly did not think about it until it was too late, but that's no excuse... and I did finish that spicy chicken taquito-thing even after I remembered. Those were some good bites though. Also, truth be told, I ate a Diablo shrimp or two last Friday... for those who know me, I guess I'm not very allergic after all.

Besides the slips into carnivorism, I didn't quite meet the true vegetarian dieter's diet. I had said that I would eat a salad everyday. That didn't happen. In fact, towards the end, the only salads I was eating were the ones when we went out to eat, which became more and more frequent as the month went on. Which brings me to the point that we weren't eating many vegetables at all as vegetarians. By the end of the month I think we were eating worse than when we could eat whatever we want.

So with the score of 17, maybe the question is why did it get such a high score? To which I say, I ate the damn veggie dog. And now, I am ready to close the book on being a vegetarian.

No comments:

Exercise Challenge Tracker