Monday, November 12, 2007

Diet Pepsi

I mentioned I drink soda. I feel like I'm bucking the system a bit, not to mention a native-Atlantan traitor, as my soft drink of choice is Diet Pepsi. I like how it tastes. I like how it fizzes in my mouth. For a long time, I was getting 2-liter bottles, but then I switched to cans a few months ago, just to make sure nothing was going flat.

I enjoy Diet Pepsi.

Diet Pepsi uses artificial sweeteners and therefor has no sugars in it. It is however sweet, but I wildly stated that I would not drink soda. Thus, one of the harder parts of this is that I said goodbye to Diet Pepsi.

And said hello to Turkey Hill's 100% Diet Green Tea. It contains no sugars or artificial sweeteners. Ideally, I would be replacing soda with water, but sometimes water needs a little pizazz. That's when I reach for a tall glass of Turkey Hill's 100% Diet Green Tea. It turns out the tea has the aspartame, the same stuff that people at Pepsi it in Diet Pepsi to make it Diet. But green tea is suppose to be healthy, right?

Admission: at a 75th birthday party, there were drinks abound... I had a taste of Diet Pepsi. I did not like how it tasted. My soda temptation is more or less gone. As long as I'm pounding down the Turkey Hill's 100% Diet Green Tea.

1 comment:

Tiffany Duffy said...

uhh aspartame is an artificial sweetener, so technically you are cheating. cheater. :)

Exercise Challenge Tracker