Monday, November 5, 2007

Sweets, Please

This time last week, nearing the end of a moderately successful vegetarian month, I looked forward to my sacrifice of sweets. I was confident that if I could eat all the meatless foods with as little trouble as I ran into, then I could do anything. Oh, how I was wrong. Giving up sweets is so incredibly more difficult. It feels much more like a sacrifice.

The thing about sweets is they satisfy you without filling you up. Whereas you look to meat for a meal, sweets are just a treat. A very, very good treat. And you look to a sweet treat when you're bored, or you've already had dinner but you just need something else... a little sweet treat.

Tiff and I did not have any plans this weekend, which was nice, but something was missing. I eat my fair share of sweets, but I don't think it's a tremendous amount. The fact that this sacrifice is so difficult is surprising to say the least. 25 more days before I can gorge myself in chocolate.

No comments:

Exercise Challenge Tracker