Thursday, November 1, 2007

No Sweets - 1 Month

As I mentioned the vegetarian challenge was never very nutrition focused. Towards the end, and as Halloween approached, my daily meat intake was replaced by a daily sweet intake. I've always loved sweets, candy and cake and cookies and ice cream and doughnuts... who doesn't?

Lately - well, for the past few years, I haven't held back either. I want a doughnut, I go next door to Shoppers, home of the Colossal Doughnuts. I want some candy, I go next door to Wal-Mart, where you can get a pack of Twixes for a $1. I want some ice cream, maybe a milkshake, isn't that what made McDonald's so popular? And cookies and cake, that's what Tiff's for... gettin' in the kitchen and bakin' me whatever I want. Whenever I want.

And cutting whatever it is into little bite-sized pieces and feeding it to me as I recline in front of the tv. The rest of the time she fans me with incense as I sip a colorful drink with a bright umbrella in it..

Anyways, here's November's challenge. No Sweets - 1 Month. This includes any sugary dominated thing. Desserts or sugary snacks, so no Pop-Tarts, which I have access to at work every day and are delicious and easy.

Also, and here's the kicker, no soda. I don't drink much soda so this shouldn't be too bad. I usually drink one can a day, so I don't think I need the caffeine or anything, but we'll see how I do. It's going to be a watery November for me.

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Tiffany Duffy said...

And as for me... I'm in no way as addicted to candy as John, but I do bake a lot. I love baking sweets, which of course requires eating what I bake. :) It's going to be tough, particularly for me, because I am in charge of baking all sweets for my grandfather's 75th birthday party (we're talkin' sweets for over 100 here). SO, I have to bake without tasting... yikes. The beauty of that situation is -- John will want to taste way more than me, and it will be fun to torture him, especially after the whole "feeding him in small bites whilst fanning..." bit.

:)

mandy said...

that is brutal (typed as i finish my last spoonful of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and sprinkles). i could do the meat and all that stuff but not the sweets. not unless i was going to die or something if i ate it.
good luck to you both! i'll really be impressed! oh my god you don't get to eat pie at thanksgiving! that is so sad.

Matt J. Duffy said...

But some dates. They're naturally sweet and delicious.

Exercise Challenge Tracker