Monday, February 4, 2008

Savings - 1 Month....

A new Sacrifice, and yes I think this one can be called a sacrifice.

With everything that's happening in my life right now, this one comes out of necessity. After a wedding/honeymoon trip, Christmas, birthdays, a few costly sacrifices, nine cavities filled, and other stuff, I need to start saving money.

In January alone, I spent more money on medical stuff than I think I ever have put together. Three trips to the regular doctor's, three trips to the physical therapist's (which no, I haven't mentioned), and a trip to the ER. All-in-all, that's two hundred bucks! On top of that, there have been at least three trips to the pharmacy, and one of my drugs, of course, is over-the-counter now for over thirty bucks! Thank God for medical insurance, I guess.

Now, I'm not saying that I regret those costs, nor would I take them back if I could, but the point is is that I need to start recoupping some of those costs, and right now that's not happening. So starting today - I should have started before this past weekend - I will keep a closer eye on all my spending, with your help Blogland. That's right, if I spend it, you'll know about it.

It may not sound exciting and it probably won't be, but like Jack LaLanne says, if it tastes good, don't eat it. In other words, this should be good for me. I'll get into more detail later. I originally had this pinned as my New Year's Resolution, but Tiff talked me into exercising, so as for time length on this one, we're going to go month-to-month, starting with February. It may just last one month, but ideally it will last until Tiff and I are homeowners.

So, let's get started, this morning, I bought gas: $30.19.

No comments:

Exercise Challenge Tracker