Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Routine, My Problem

Because I'm slowly turning into an exercise guru, I read an article, from Yahoo's frontpage, about "when workouts don't work." In it, it talks about how too many people go to the gym and just sort of mill about, doing a few reps here, a few reps there, or walking leisurely on a treadmill, therefore they don't see the results.

If you're concerned about results, hopefully your smart enough to see the error in your ways if you are just roaming around the gym, otherwise, good for you for going to the gym. It sure as hell beats sitting around watching reruns of Wings, or whatever you may be rather doing.

While I think I am seeing some results, I am well aware of what's keeping me back. And it is definitely not a lazy exercise. I go thirty minutes on the elliptical, it's therapy approved, on level seven and I go "Around the World," at least that's the setting it's on. I try to hit 4 miles in that thirty minutes and I've been doing it pretty consistently lately. And then I do five minute cool down... and then I break and if it's open, I'll walk backwards, leisurely, on the treadmill for five minutes, it's therapy approved. I am usually dripping with set after about five minutes. It feels great. Perhaps, I should read down the article a bit to "Never Changing Your Workout."

My main problem is getting to the gym. February 19th and I've only been 12 times? I should have been close to 12 for just February by now. Anyways, frequent gym-goers, I salute you and hope to one day join you. I'm going to have to if I'm going to hit my year-end goal of 208.

No comments:

Exercise Challenge Tracker