Sunday, February 17, 2008

Five Guys

Splurged a bit today. This weekend we were going to go see the new movie Jumper, which I've been strangely anticipating. I couldn't tell you the last movie that I was truly excited about long before it came out, but ever since I saw the previews for the first time for Jumper, I've wanted to see it.

For one reason or another, we didn't go see it. So... today we got lunch out. Five Guys is a favorite, we live right by one of the originals, before they started franchising, and it was just as a delicious as always. I got a Little Cheeseburger with lettuce, pickles, fried onions, ketchup and mayo. Tiff got the same with the addition of fried mushrooms. And we split a thing of fries, just as always.

This is a meal that at times we would eat at least once or twice a week but have sacrificed in the name of savings. Altogether, I think the biggest change we've made in our lives while trying to save money has been not going out to eat. It's hard to add up how much we were spending each week or each month on going out to eat because we would go in waves or spurts, but we are definitely saving a bundle cooking for ourselves.

Today's spending: $12.18

No comments:

Exercise Challenge Tracker