Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Running to Longevity

I feel like this could be a trend, but today on Yahoo's front page, my main source for news, there was an article about a study on exercise, and stop the presses, it's good for you. Actually four things increase one's longevity by 14 years: regular exercise, drink in moderation, quit smoking, and eat five servings of fruits and vegetables.

I can now put a big check by one of those. Now I just have to up my alcohol intake to start drinking in moderation, start smoking in order to quit, and eat fruits and vegetables non-stop all day long. Yesterday I had corn!

Three exercises in and I'm doing well. I stuck around in the gym for awhile despite other patrons yesterday. I did the bicycle for twenty minutes, and I feel it here and here (picture me pointing to my ass) but nowhere else. There were two guys in there, one who was hauling "here and here" on the treadmill and the other was lifting easily twice what I can lift. I don't think "exercise" was their New Year's Resolution this year. I'll bet it was their Resolution from last year.

Anyways, I doubt I'll go today as it's Tiff's birthday!! It technically puts me off track but life comes first. Happy Birthday Wife!

No comments:

Exercise Challenge Tracker