Friday, January 25, 2008

Ab Work-Out

I've said one too many times that I haven't been feeling well for the past couple of weeks, but it has created a lull in working out. So, I definitely have not been building brain cells recently no matter how many times I get beat in Scrabble.

Unable to go to the gym - Tiff's adamant that I need to be completely healthy before I go back - we looked for ways to work out in the comfort of our own home. While we were surprised how hard it is to find a work-out video nowadays, we decided that our fourth floor living conditions might not be good for jumping, punching, and stomping - as it is we already shake some top shelf stuff just by walking too hard. So, we ended up with an Ab-Roller, only $18 at Wal-Mart.

It is really, really neat.

We decided that it can substitute for a gym work-out every now and then. I was a little hesitant to allow this as it makes sit-ups a cinch, plus can you really work your abs for a half-hour? I decided it was okay after I could barely move my midsection after working out for about 25 minutes. I then spent five minutes thinking about doing push-ups to complete my work-out... number 7 for the year. Yes, I'm aware how far off my goal pace of 4 work-outs a week.

I am really, really far off.

Anyways, the Ab Roller will likely be a substitute used sparingly by me, as I would much rather be on an elliptical. Hopefully, I can restart pretty soon.

No comments:

Exercise Challenge Tracker