Thursday, January 10, 2008

One Day Off

I worked out again yesterday. I did take Tuesday off and probably countered everything that I had done up to then. After just one day off, my enthusiasm towards waking up and working out took a serious blow, and I had to force myself to go. I'm glad I did though, not because my body feels oh-so-good, but because I said I would and I did.

My body does not feel oh-so-good either. If working out gives you energy and makes you stronger, I haven't seen it. I'm tired and my legs and back are sore. It's hard for me to judge being tired though, as I'm always tired from working overnights. While I do feel more tired than normal, I have this theory that basically says people aren't meant to stay awake all night, so maybe the exercise is just trying to help me sleep on a natural sleep cycle. Maybe not, I admit I've got some strange theories. I look forward to the point where it does give me energy and stops wearing me out.

I should note that Tiff and I have altered our requirements slightly. The study that linked exercise to brain development used hour-long workouts. At least, here in the beginning we are going to workout a required 30 minutes each day, and hopefully ratchet it up as we get use to it. As it is, I think my heart keeps racing the other 30 minutes. Secondly, I'm going to hold off on any more weights until after I go to the doctor. I'm afraid I'm doing it wrong and the doctor will say, essentially, stop doing that. So I plan to see somebody to try and even me out a bit muscularly before I push too hard. Safety first.

No comments:

Exercise Challenge Tracker