Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Let the Games Begin!

The end of September, how I will miss you so. Despite a depressingly low number of posts, I am going to consider this sacrifice a rousing success with a hardy, “Har! Har!” of approval. I’m not sure what exactly that means but I said it, and I meant it. I mean, in my opinion, with just the one infraction (playing Wii at my in-laws) I made it through the month without any video games.

Looking back, this one wasn’t even all that hard when it came right down to it, which is a bit of a surprise. Sure, I battled boredom, but I did so with pizzazz. I started a painting, I read a little bit, I became interested in some TV shows. Okay, so maybe it was a boring pizzazz, but I made it through.

I think the main key to my success was unplugging and putting away the playstation. It seems so simple, but it really worked. It was that extra little hurdle between me and video games made it happen for me. There were times when I was bored and thought, this would be a good time to play a quick game of soccer, EA Games-style, but I had enough will-power to stop myself before I took the time and energy to get the system out, hook it up, and turn it on. Perhaps that’s a character flaw, and perhaps that character flaw is something I should look into sorting out, but this time, I used my laziness to my advantage and I’m the better for it.

Perhaps on top of my hardy, “Har! Har!,” I should include an extra “Har!” as I’m not all that eager to start back up with the video games. Well, Tiff’s been playing a card game video game, that has me interested, but soccer and football, it would probably be fun, but I’m not sure if it’s worth it. Plus, I would have to get out the system, hook it all up, and turn it on…

All in all, I’m done with the challenge, but I’m curious to see how much longer I’ll last. Maybe I can go two months on this one. Maybe three. So there’ll be no more posts, but I’ll update when the playstation re-emerges.

No comments:

Exercise Challenge Tracker