Friday, September 4, 2009

It's Getting Expensive...

I don’t mind not playing video games thus far. So far, after three days, I’ve gone to a soccer game, watched TV until I was bored out of my gourd, and went out for dinner and movie.

In other words, I spent fifty bucks, I was bored out of my gourd, and I spent fifty bucks. Videogames, in addition to be good mind-numbing entertainment, in the long run is pretty cheap. I bought a Playstation 2 around April of 2006 for somewhere in the neighborhood of $120. I shelled out the big bucks! In three years, I’ve probably bought 10 games for a total of maybe $200. (Although, I’ve only spent time playing a couple of games, that cost me $20 and $2 respectively.) Let’s tack on $50 for electricity and other costs, whatever they might be, and say I’ve spent $370 all together on admittedly the predominant form of entertainment for me.

In comparison, in an effort to wow my wife, I hoped to buy tickets to the Washington Ballet’s performance of Don Quixote. The only tickets I could find on their website were sold by groups of four productions, and the cheapest tickets I could find were $211 a piece. A Piece! That’s just crazy.

Poker’s a different story entirely, but in my defense, I hardly ever play.

It’s been a wonderful few days, even with the lull in the middle, but if this keeps up, I’m going to run out of money long before my month is up. I need to find a hobby and fast! I need something to do to fill my time and make me think that I could live a life without videogames.

No comments:

Exercise Challenge Tracker