Saturday, September 12, 2009

Hooray for Sports!

I’ve quickly adopted sports as my means of passing time. With DC United making a late season push for the playoffs and college football and the NFL starting up, I picked the right time to do this. It seems there is always something on.

Even when there isn’t sports on, there’s something about sports on. People making predictions, deconstructing teams, and just talking about sports because they are analysts and experts. It’s a bit ridiculous. It’s a bit unnecessary. It makes me wonder what an analyst would say about my soccer team in the video game. I’m sure they would have nothing but praise for my greatness.

It is nice not having an element of control to the game. I’ve always watched sports, but if the game wasn’t going the way that I liked, I used to switch pretty frequently to video games and check the score every now and then. With video games, I always know who’s going to win the game… me… or at least most of the time. And there’s no restart button in sports. Whatever happens happens. If I can remove myself from it, I guess it’s a pretty good lesson.

Tiff is not too thrilled though. She’s over-ruling the Notre Dame-Michigan game and asking “Are you going to watch soccer for two hours every Saturday night?” I’m not sure what to say. It sounds like a good idea to me. I haven’t told her that the NFL starts tomorrow. We’ll have to wait and see how that goes over.

No comments:

Exercise Challenge Tracker