Monday, April 7, 2008

Baby, it's Cold Outside

As part of the green challenge, Tiff and I are trying to conserve electricity, as power production from coal-burning factories is one of the top greenhouse gas emitters. We had vowed not to turn on our heat or our AC as it's April, the first month of spring. We knew not every day would be 70 degrees and sunny, but we told ourselves we could manage any seasonal fluctuation.

Last week, however, had some cold, cold days, notably Thursday, when it got into the 30s outside and 55 inside. 55 is down right cold. It's also the recommended temperature for night time home heating, according to many power-saving lists on the web. (Daytime temperatures aren't suppose to exceed 68. Tiff and I usually keep it at 70, and that usually feels cold in our drafty apartment.) 55 is also the lowest reading on our thermostat, so I should be saying "I think it was 55."

In any event, now, four days later, we are both very sick, with nasty little colds and my body is counteracting the low temps with some high temps of its own. Despite feeling lousy, I still caught a foul ball at an Orioles game this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Exercise Challenge Tracker