Monday, December 31, 2007

Makeover Closure

The Makeover Challenge ended... a long time ago. While I did try a lot of stuff, namely tanning and waxing my chest, overall, I'm not too happy about it. Not at all. I did however shave and do like it off a little bit, although much to Tiffany's displeasure.

Tanning is something that I did enjoy. I'm not sure how much effect it had on my skin tone, but I didn't burn in Jamaica, which was the main idea behind it. It does leave you feeling happy and warm, which is important especially from someone working overnights and sleeping during the sunny hours. It costs a lot, however, and I'm not sure it's worth it. Plus the stigma associated with it is something I generally fight against. I don't really care about my appearance. Not to mention the whole cancer-death-dying aspect of it. I can't judge people who do it though as most of the folks I saw tanning were neither orange nor leathery. In fact, I saw many more of those at the beach.

I didn't post about it because it happened the night before we left for Jamaica, but I did Nair my chest. It was pretty crazy; put the stuff on and with one swipe of a rag, I didn't have any chest hair. Or t least not on the top part that could stick out from shirts. The burn directly after the fact is more than a little concerning, and I do wonder what the hell is in that stuff that can kill your hair in no time. It can't be healthy. Now, three weeks later, I'm starting to scratch at my chest more and more as the hair is slowly regrowing, no doubt thicker and fuller than before.

Overall, I did pretty bad with my makeover and as a result, I'm worried about future Sacrifices. I don't have much problem with true sacrifices, having to give stuff up, but when I set out to do something new and incorporate it into my life... that's a whole different ballgame. We will soon find out just how successful I can be, but the makeover gets a dismal 7. In fact, I may have to capitalize that... my score is a Dismal Seven.

No comments:

Exercise Challenge Tracker